YATE & DISTRICT ATHLETIC CLUB
CONSTITUTION AND RULES
1. The name of the club shall be Yate & District Athletic Club
1. The object of the club shall be to provide and foster amateur athletics in Yate and the surrounding districts specifically in the discipline of Track & Field. The club will accept members on an ‘Open’ basis.
1. The affairs of the club shall be conducted by a committee numbering not less than 5.
2. The committee shall meet not less than six times a year, and the presence of four members shall be necessary to form a quorum.
3. The committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting and shall include a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Coaching Secretary, Home Matches Co-ordinator, Press/publicity Officer, Social Secretary, Membership Secretary, Officials Secretary , Volunteer Recruitment and Fund Raising Secretary.
4. Team Managers shall be appointed to control Yate teams; those not already on the committee shall become committee members.
5. The Committee shall have the power to fill any vacancies that occur amongst officers until the next Annual General Meeting.
6. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt extra members as required: such members to be without voting rights.
7. The Committee shall have the power to replace a member of the committee if it deems the member to have missed more than 3 committee meetings without good cause or explanation.
1. Membership of the club shall be confined to amateurs, as defined by UK Athletics. (see UKA Rules for competition – Rule 1)
2. An applicant for membership must apply in writing on a form provided for the purpose, and his or her election considered at the next committee meeting.
3. The Committee shall have the power to expel any member whose subscription is 6 months in arrears, provided a month’s notice in writing shall have been sent to such member by a registered or recorded delivery letter, addressed to the members last known address, informing him/her of the proposed action of the committee. The name and address of any such expelled person shall be sent to the Honorary Secretary of the area association who shall enter the name in a book (to be called the Suspension Book) kept for that purpose. The suspended person may not compete under UKA rules until the liability has been discharged.
4. The Committee shall have the power to expel from the club any member whom they deem guilty of conduct detrimental to the interest of the club, or to amateur athletics generally.
5. A notice of resignation must be in writing and shall be considered by the committee within one calendar month of its receipt. Membership shall be held to have ceased on the actual date of tendering of notice, unless the member be financially indebted to the club, in which case the acceptance may be withheld until the indebtedness has been met.
1. All subscriptions shall be payable on election to membership and by the 31st March each year thereafter.
2. The date used in defining a members age shall be the first day of the clubs financial year for which the subscription is payable.
3. No member whose subscription is 6 months in arrears shall be eligible to take part in any competition promoted by the club, or compete for any club team; neither shall they be entitled to vote at a general or special meeting.
4. Any member joining after 1st September shall be entitled to a discounted subscription for that year. (From March 2017)
5. The financial year of the club shall be from October 1st to September 30th inclusive.
6. An account shall be maintained with a convenient bank in the name of the club. All cheques payable on the account must be signed by the Hon.Treasurer and either the Hon.Secretary, Hon.Chairman or Hon.Vice Chairman.
7. The Hon.Treasurer shall keep full and complete accounts and produce such accounts for audit each year.
8. He shall also produce a financial statement for presentation at the AGM.
1. The club colours shall be green with a gold vertical band.
7. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
1. A General meeting shall be held within six months of the end of the financial year, to receive the committee’s report and financial statement, elect officers and committee members and deal with any other business relating to the clubs transactions.
2. The Honorary Secretary shall give every member 14 days notice of the meeting by circular.
3. Notice of any other business which a member desires to be placed upon the agenda must be given to the Honorary Secretary at least 7 days prior to the meeting.
4. The Annual General Meeting may at its discretion elect a President and Vice President(s).
8. SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING
1. A special General Meeting must be called by the Hon.Secretary of the club on receipt by him/her of a request in writing signed by 6 members of the club, stating the business before such a meeting.
2. A notice convening a meeting shall be sent to all members not later than 14 days after the receipt of the request, and the meeting shall be held within 21 days of the said receipt.
3. No business other than that for which the meeting was convened shall be discussed thereat.
4. No matter affecting the constitution of the club shall be the subject of a Special General Meeting more than once in any 12 month period.
5. Where a matter affecting the constitution of the club is to be discussed at a Special General Meeting, there shall be a ballot of members aged 15 years and over unable to attend the meeting.
9. ALTERATION OF RULES
1. No alteration or addition shall be made to the rules except at the AGM, or at a Special General Meeting called for the purpose, and passed by a two thirds majority of voting members.
2. Notice of any proposed amendment must reach the Hon.Secretary in writing at least 7 days before the meeting.
1. If upon winding up or dissolution of the Club there remains after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever, the same shall be paid to Avon Athletic Association, or to the National Governing Body of athletics for use in community related charitable initiatives.